History of American Legion Auxiliary Illini Girls State

American Legion Auxiliary Illini Girls State (ALA IGS) is a program of the American Legion Auxiliary.  We are the largest women's patriotic organization in the world.  We were founded on the principles of "for God and Country" back in 1919.  While our organization has grown and changed with the times, our foundation remains the same.  One of our pillar programs focuses on the youth of our country.  In 1936 the American Legion Auxiliary adopted a resolution to provide a week of citizenship training to be known as Girls State.  Our first session was held in 1940 and the rest is history!

copyright 2013
American Legion Auxiliary Department of Illinois
2720 E. Lincoln St., Bloomington, IL 61704
P.O. Box 1426, Bloomington, IL 61702

Phone: 309/ 663-9366
Fax: 309/ 663-5827
Webmaster: Angie Mulligan
mickeym@ameritech.net